Hello and welcome, if you’re looking for some of the best keto lunch recipes you’ve come to the right place. Check out our selections below for some good ideas.
If you’re just starting keto and want some tips, this post may help: Top 14 Keto Tips For Beginners. Also, if you want to know more about keto, and it’s pros and cons, this post might help: Pros and Cons of the Keto Diet. If you still need help, comment below and I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed below and recommend them because they are from companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below!
Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps with Basil-Mayo
Attributed to Iowa Girl Eats
These wraps are amazing! They’re gluten-free, low carb, totally filling, fresh, and come together in about five minutes!
MAKES 2 WRAPS
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices gluten-free deli turkey (I like Applegate Farms)
- 4 slices gluten-free bacon, cooked (I like Applegate Farms)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- For the Basil-Mayo:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise (I like Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayo)
- 6 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- For the Basil-Mayo: combine ingredients in a small food processor then process until smooth. Alternatively, mince basil and garlic then whisk all ingredients together. Can be done a couple days a head of time.
- Lay out two large lettuce leaves then layer on 1 slice of turkey and slather with Basil-Mayo. Layer on a second slice of turkey followed by the bacon, and a few slices of both avocado and tomato. Season lightly with salt and pepper then fold the bottom up, the sides in, and roll like a burrito. Slice in half then serve cold.
If eating more than an hour after packing, pack elements separately then assemble just before eating.
Blackened Shrimp, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Pepper Yogurt Dressing
Attributed to Cafe Delites
This wonderful salad is low in carbs, and full of creamy, spicy flavors and done in less than 10 minutes! Making this one of the best keto lunch recipes!
For the blackened Shrimp:
- 500 g raw peeled large shrimp,(King Prawns), tails removed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper,(add more to suit your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, (or smokey for a different flavor option)
- 2 bunches of Asparagus, halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups Cos lettuce leaves, (or lettuce of choice), washed and ready to use
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water, (or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, (optional for extra flavor)
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp (prawns) with all of the spice ingredients, and rub into the shrimp until evenly coated. Heat a large pan/skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Saute the shrimp/prawns and the Asparagus while turning occasionally until the shrimp/prawns and asparagus have started to change color and are just cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the lettuce leaves, avocado, onion slices and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Add the shrimp/prawns and avocado over the top. Drizzle with the dressing.
For the dressing:
- Combine the yogurt in a bowl with the lemon pepper, lemon juice (if using), water and salt. Mix well to combine.
Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos
Attributed to I Breathe I’m Hungry
It’s all your favorite lasagna flavors and textures, served up in a fun and portable low carb package! Making it one of the best keto lunch recipes!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 links of Italian sausage (or about 12 oz other ground meat)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- chopped parsley to garnish if desired
- 1 cup sugar free marinara sauce
- Brush the mushrooms with a dry paper towel to clean off any dirt or compost. Remove stems if present and use a spoon to scrape out the brown ribs.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and press into four patties. Press one patty into each mushroom cap, going all the way to the edges and up the sides.
- Spoon 1/4 cup ricotta into each mushroom cap and press to the edges, leaving a dent in the center for the sauce.
- Spoon 1/4 cup marinara into each mushroom on top of the ricotta layer.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
Attributed to Life in the Lofthouse
A flavorful burger topped with cheese, tomato, and a mouth-watering spread is always a winning combo. Also making it one of the best keto lunch recipes.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 large heads iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- small red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish
- dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Low-Carb Marinated Cauliflower Antipasto Salad
Attributed to Kalyn’s Kitchen
Great for a summer day! And yet another one of the best keto lunch recipes.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces (4 cups cauliflower pieces)
- 1 cup marinated mushrooms, sliced (I used marinated mushrooms from Costco.)
- 2 oz. salami, cut into short strips
- 2 oz. Provolone cheese, cut into short strips
- 1 can (6 oz.) black olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 3 T capers, drained (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing (see notes)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
- 1 T caper juice (from the jar of capers)
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Greek oregano
- Prepare a pan with a few inches of water, with a steamer insert in the pan. (You can also use an electric vegetable steamer if you’re lucky enough to have one!)
- Bring water to boil while you cut up the cauliflower.
- Cut out the core of the cauliflower and discard and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- When the water is boiling, add the cauliflower to the steamer or steamer basket and cook just 4 minutes. (Test a piece of cauliflower to be sure it’s tender but still slightly crisp.) Dump cauliflower into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well.
- While the cauliflower drains, whisk together vinaigrette dressing, olive oil, lemon juice, caper juice, and dried oregano to make the dressing.
- When cauliflower has drained well, put a double layer of paper towels on the counter, spread cauliflower out on the towels and pat dry with more towels. Be sure to get the cauliflower as dry as you can get it, or the salad will be watery.
- Put the dried cauliflower into a large Ziploc bag with about half the dressing and let cauliflower marinate in the fridge, preferably for 4-6 hours or as long as all day. (Minimum marinating time is 2-3 hours if you don’t plan far enough ahead.)
- When you’re ready to assemble the salad, slice the salami, Provolone, and drained red peppers into strips, slice mushrooms, and drain olives and cut in half. Measure out the capers.
Put the marinated cauliflower in a large bowl and toss with the salami strips, Provolone strips, red pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, olives, and capers.
Add more dressing until the salad is as moist as you prefer. (You may not want all the dressing.)
Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve.
This salad can be made several hours ahead and will also keep in the fridge for a few days.
Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing is very low in sugar.
Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Attributed to Cafe Delites
And another great summer salad makes this another one of the best keto lunch recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper , to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 pound (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine (or Cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add 1/2 cup crumbled feta to give the salad an even better flavor!
Keto Shu Shi!
Attributed to Keto Connect
This recipe is super easy, and does a good job of standing in for traditional sushi if you’re a sushi lover. Give it a try!
- 1 nori wrapper
- 1 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1.5 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- soy sauce(for dipping)
- Cut up about 1/5 head of cauliflower into florets and pulse in processor until consistency of rice.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high skillet and add cauliflower rice.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until rice is slightly browned and fully cooked through. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Slice avocado, cream cheese and cucumber into thin slices and set aside with cauliflower rice. Lay down a long layer of plastic wrap on a clean, flat surface and lay the nori wrapper on top of plastic wrap.
- Spread cauliflower rice out over the nori wrapper as thin or as thick as you like in an even layer. Leave room around the edges.
First layer the avocado on the rice on the edge closest to you. Next, add layer the cream cheese directly onto the avocado and then same with the cucumber.
Lift the plastic wrap edge closet to you while using your hands to cover the ingredients (so they don’t move/fall).
Slowly roll the plastic wrap and nori wrapper around the avocado, cream cheese and cucumber until you’ve rolled the entire thing.
**Make sure you don’t roll the plastic wrap into the sushi. As you’re rolling you want to slowly edge the wrap off the nori**
Using a very sharp knife slice the sushi into 8 pieces.
TIP: Start in the middle so the rice doesn’t get pushed out by the pressure of the knife.
Now It’s Your Turn
How did you enjoy these recipes?
Let me know which is your favorite by commenting below.
Also, share with your friends and family, I’m sure they will enjoy them too. Thank you!
Want more ideas? See here for more!