Brownies are my favorite snack, but they aren’t that healthy! Until now!
I’ve discovered some amazing, healthy ingredients to make these super good, low carb keto brownies!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed below and recommend them because they are from companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below!
Monk Fruit is a wonderful sweetener!
It’s full of fiber, has very little net carbs, and it has no glycemic index.(Doesn’t raise your blood sugar)!
- It is sweeter than sugar so you don’t need much!
Cocao produces natural bliss! You might have noticed that when you bite into a rich, creamy piece of chocolate, you naturally close your eyes and smile!
Just one piece can improve your mood and gives a brain boost. And the higher the percentage is, the better chances this will happen.
If you don’t want to use almond flour or cocao, you can use Keto Collagen Powder instead.
Almond flour is the cakey substance that is left over after processing almond oil. It’s usually made from blanched sweet almonds without the skin, so it’s great for baking.
It’s high in protein and fiber, and low in carbohydrates. So it’s great for keto dieters! This flour is also:
- gluten free
But be careful if you or someone you know have nut allergies! If this is the case, don’t attempt to use almond flour.
Used in Indian cuisines for centuries, but in the western world, we’re just starting to find out about it’s benefits!
- It has a high smoke point, meaning that you can cook it at high temperatures without worrying about it becoming bad for you.
- It also has no expiration date!
- It has no milk solids, so people that are lactose intolerant can have this!
- It’s full of vitamins A and E.
- It gives you energy and promotes weight loss and digestion!
- This flour is also said to reduce inflammation and prevent cancer!
Pink Himalayan Salt!
Pink himalayan salt is unrefined and pure. This flour is an excellent source of electrolytes: magnesium, potassium, and calcium. And when we get enough electrolytes, the brain just thinks better!
Also rich in trace minerals, which our bodies need. Pink salt also aides in digestion, and enhances the taste of food (even better than regular table salt!)
Okay Okay! Let’s Get On With It!
Now it’s time for a recipe of super duper awesome benefits as well as tastiness!
Sorry for the silliness, but I just love this recipe, it’s one of my favorites. This recipe is super fudgy, chocolaty, and sweet! So sweet, you’re defintetly gonna need some milk to wash it down!
Just like a regular, bad for you, sugar brownie. But without all that poisonous sugar!
Low Carb Keto Brownies
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cocao powder
3/4 to 1 cup powdered monk fruit (depending on how sweet your sweet tooth is!)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
4 Tbsp melted ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the ghee in a microwave or saucepan. In a large bowl combine the melted ghee, cocoa powder, powdered monk fruit, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the eggs next, but don’t over mix.
- Last but not least mix in the almond flour with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. We don’t want to get too much air in the mixture.
- Pour batter into an 8×2 loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out semi-clean. If there’s a little batter that sticks, it’s okay. It will be fudgier that way.
- Let cool, and cut into brownies!
- It’s best if the brownies are left alone and not eaten until after 24 hours! It’s hard to do that I know, but you’ll thank me! They will be so much better. So much sweeter, and fudgier!
You now have the keys to one of my favorite recipes! And only 2 grams of net carbs a brownie!
Disclaimer: Always consult a medical doctor before modifying your diet, using any new product, drug, supplement, or doing any new exercises.